Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fourth of July!





We had a GREAT fourth of July. It didn't rain, it wasn't cold, we didn't get wet, the company was good, we ate good food, and even the girls had a good time. Our fourth last year was the complete opposite of what I just described.

Movie Reviews:
TRANSFORMERS. My girls were warned NOT to make fun of this movie. They both went with a group of boys in our ward who idolized the Transformer Toys while growing up. Barbi's is to my girls as Transformers is to the boys. They didn't have to make fun at all, they LOVED the movie. It was cool.

RATTITOULE: Another good Pixar flick. Funny parts, funny rats, funny story. The only thing I didn't like was seeing RATS all over the kitchen, cooking and tasting the food for the resturant. It kind of made my skin crawl. It's the lunch lady in me I guess.

SURFS UP: Hannah says it's a VERY funny movie. She'd go and see it again. To me, it was another penguin movie. I didn't go and see it because I didn't like Happy Feet. Too Environmental. I think Al Gore could have produced it.

BOOK REVIEWS:
TWILIGHT, Stephanie Meyer. It's a can't put it down book. Kiss your life goodbye for a couple of days. It's about vampires and werewolves and romance. It's a chick book.

HALF MOON, Stephanie Meyer. Book 2 of the series. More vampires, werewolves, and romance. Once again, you'll need to prepare your family meals ahead, because they will starve. Book three (Eclipse) comes out in August, Hannah is going to meet the author for a book signing.

3 comments:

katieo said...

Glad to see you got those links working, and love the movie reviews! What a great idea! Aaron saw transformers last night with his brothers and really liked it too.

Jen said...

We loved "Surf's Up". Kody especially, with the main character being the same. We'd like to see it again. I felt the same about Ratatouille. Very cute, but some parts grossed me out. Have to look beyond the RAT thought. Kids loved it!

Holly said...

So about Transformers...you said "My daughters" and then you say "both"...last time I checked you had three daugthers...was I wrong??? :(