Saturday, May 2, 2009

WOLVERINE!


Wolverine rated PG-13. I'll be honest, I didn't do my homework on this film before we went last night. We are all X-Men fans, so it didn't cross my mind to read up on it.

This was a pre-quill to the 3 X-men series, it gave some history as to how/why Wolverine, aka Logan, aka Hugh Jackman, was the way he was. It tied up some loose ends about his history. The film was action packed, violent-violent-violent, and there was nudity. All in the name of medical science, during Wolverine's transformation to a SUPER mutant. Didn't matter, he was nakey. Hannah took it as an Anatomy lesson I'm sure. There's language in it, did I mention violence? I know X-Men is an action packed film, but they really got into killing innocent people, maybe way too much for what the story needed.

Would I go again? No. Would I let my daughter's see it again, No. Would I rent it? No. Would I watch the watered down, television, edited version? In a heartbeat. If you do go, we stayed until all the credits were done and there is a scene at the very end.... we were all disappointed.

To rate the movie as a whole: Out of 5 McDonald's Soft Drink Cups, I'd give it a 3.5 . One off the the nakey scene, half off for the violence and half off for incorrectly referring to a drug and what it does (I picked that out right away, kind of ruined that scene for me). Good story line, good acting, good characters.

There are some pretty good movies coming out this summer! Can't wait to see UP!

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

Hey Sarah - this has nothing to do with the movie ... but I don't have your email address.

I was wondering how you formatted last year's talent show. Wray, Nat, G and I are trying to get it all figured out so we can let everyone know the details and they can begin planning.

Let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks!
Chrissy

chrissy_dix@yahoo.com