Saturday, May 30, 2009


UP! This is a 3D movie, which is also shown in 2D. This means, buy glasses / don't have to buy glasses. We saw it in 2D. To sum it all up in one word, DELIGHTFUL. Having said that, we hated it. Confused?

Disney/Pixar really know how to pull the heartstrings. I cried, sobbed 5 times. 5 separate times in this movie I said, "Why did we come to this horrible movie?" "We are NOT buying this!".

The whole story is about Mr. Frederickson trying to get to a place where his wife wants to go for her ultimate adventure. He takes along Russel, the scout, by mistake. Russel is trying to get his "assist the elderly" merit badge and he's relentless in trying to get it. Along the way they find Kevin (the bird), and dog (the dog) who has to wear the "Cone of Shame" (See picture above). Ed Asner is the voice for Mr. Frederickson, PERFECT!

I laughed out loud many times, MANY funny parts in this movie... anyone who has a scout or who has been a scout would like some of the scenes. It was intense at times, but not too intense that I couldn't handle it. Sad? Of course. No language, no sexual themes (well, except when the wife sees babies in every cloud and POOF, she's pregnant).

There is a cartoon short in the beginning of the movie. We think that should have been shown at the end so we could've left feeling better. The short was VERY VERY funny.

Would we see this again? Yes, if we rented it with one of Joe's FREE Red Box coupon's. Would I buy it? I'd have to see it again.

Out of 5 lip glosses; I'd give it a 4.8 - .2 off for all the kleenex I wished I had and had to use Hannah's shirt.


No comments: