Friday, August 31, 2007

Computer Problems

I've had a death in the family. It's been very sad around here... my computer died.
You never realize how much you depend on a computer until it's gone. A friend of ours is trying to retrieve the files and documents, he said there's a good chance to get them downloaded onto a CD. So until them, I have Holly's laptop to keep intouch. I'm hoping to get a new one $oon. I"m so thankful I've downloaded 5 years worth of pictures onto CD's. I just have 2007's on the hard drive, like Hannah's graduation. Sniff.

I just finished week #3 of training. My feet are sore and I don't think my head can hold anymore information. It's a full capacity right now. Today, I made some mistakes. Actually, big mistakes. Both of them were because I asked fellow trainees how to do things and they told me wrong. I learned a lesson! Who not to ask and I better start knowing how to do things right because you can really mess up bad! I"m glad I had a TRAINEE badge on today.

Emma survived week #2 of high school. She joined the pep band, which she said is AWESOME. She'll be playing the quints. Then in concert band, she is going to start playing the bassoon. They need a bassoonist and Emma doesn't want to be bored (there are 16 drummers). I can't wait until she brings it home to practice. She'll have to go in the basement.

3 comments:

gingerbread grandma said...

I played the bassoon in school, also. I didn't even know how to put it together, and I was put in concert band. Because of my piano background, I learned all the notes in a day. It's not that difficult to play.

I can't imagine my computer dying. I need to back-up my info now!

GordonandChrissy said...

Chrissy's a drummer, too. She and I both loved doing all sorts of band stuff in high school. Emma...you'll have a blast!!

Sarah said...

Funny you should say bassoon. Jonathan kept asking me what one looked like, and I was SOOOO glad when we watched Music and The Spoken Word and they showed one! Who knows what my children will play. Right now they are both up to 10 instruments that they "want" to play.