Monday, February 1, 2010

Extrodinary Measures

This is based off of a true story....
Harrison Ford produced this film and starred in it. I'll be honest, I did NOT like his character until the VERY VERY end of this movie. Brandon Frasier, however, I fell in love with his character right away. Here's why: He truly loved and adored his children and wife. How many times does Hollywood portray this? Not too many. This movie showed a husband and wife problem solving together, supporting each other thru difficult times, really leaning on each other, rather than them going off looking for support from greener pastures. This little family really was struggling with medical bills, employment, life and death situations and they held together.

Harrison Ford played a research doctor. His life consisted of living/working by himself, concerned only about himself, consumed about finding an enzyme that would metabolize the the human body to help patients with a form of MD, Pompe Disease. He's just so close, but lacks funding. In walks this father driven to save his 2 children that are stricken with this dreadful disease with an Ivy League business degree to raise the money.

That's about all I'll tell you.... The ending is remarkable. The actors that play the children have personality plus! You can't help but fall in love with them. Harrison Ford did.

If you like medical type movies, you'll love this one. There is no blood or guts though. There is one scene where the parents finally get a moment alone and the home health nurse walks in, but it's not bad (clothes are ON). Then, there's the language.... they use the word that is synonymous to fecal matter freely.

Would I rent it, No. I don't want that language in my home. Would I watch a cleaned up version on TV? OH yes! Would I want my kids to see it, Hannah yes (she likes medical things), Emma I don't know.

Out of 5 Nemo Fish hanging from my mirror, I would give it a 4 (one off for language)

No comments: