Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Lunch Lady Returneth



Yes... I am back to being a lunch lady, but not just a regular old lunch lady, a kitchen manager. This has been the best career move I've made in the past year. Frontier didn't work out, I was so very close to being laid off, lotsof my friends were laid off, so I thought if I put my notice in, maybe that will save someone's job. I knew about switching jobs back in April, so I knew I had it and I wouldn't need umemployment. Goods and bads with both jobs... no more free flying, that's sad, but tell the truth, my family and I are kind of tired of flying. Good about the lunch job: I'm salaried... which means, as I'm laying by the pool this next summer, I will be saying, "Hmmm, I'm getting paid to do this!" and at Christmas as I'm opening up presents, I'll say, "Hmmmm, I'm getting paid to do this!" or even at the family reunion next summer, I'll be getting paid to have fun with the fam.

Emma starts 10th grade next week. She's so ready to get back into the school realm. She's been getting her summer reading done and even getting some french horn practicing done. Hannah's been giving private lessons this summer to help her get ahead.

Hannah has been working alot this summer at the YMCA. She's going to take the fall semester off and study for her entrance exam into nursing school. She completed 2 semesters at BYU-I and that was enough for her. She will stay at home for nursing school. She did buy a new car... a 1997 Land Rover! Oh what freedom she doth have now.

Joe is still working for a clown. His store will be torn down this fall and they will re-build it at the same location. Brand new everything... it's so fun for him. Joe had been in the hospital a few weeks ago. He had a coughing attack (he had a BAD flu) and a mysterious bruise showed up a few days later. I'd send a picture but it would scare you. So, we went to the ER, the doc's eyeballs popped out when he saw this HUGE bruise on his left side.... it was his left side...the doc confirmed my worry about it being his spleen because this bruise showed up so fast. He had a MRI and everything was normal. In two days, the bruise was gone. VERY STRANGE! This is why I miss Aunt Marti, she would love to hear stories about these medical mysteries. Anyway, Joe's doing great.

More movie reviews are coming... we just have to find something worthwhile to watch!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! I can't believe Emma will be in 10th grade. I hope Hannah does well on her exam and I wish Uncle Joe the best with the new store- and no more bruises!

I am sure you will enjoy your salary no matter where you are...

Thanks for the update.

Sarah said...

THanks Sarah! This should be an exciting year for us... and no more hospital visits for Joe!

Mrs. Sew-n-Sew said...

Wow Sarah! That's a pretty classy picture of you! When did you start wearing that RED lipstick? You might want to tone it down some.

GordonandChrissy said...

I don't know, I think the red is pretty smokin'!

Good to hear that your family is well, and we're glad Joe's bruise has vanished. That is so strange. How is school going so far this year? What are your hours like?

Justin said...

"Mysterious" bruises, eh? Sarah, eventually the truth of your domestic abuse against poor, weak, helpless Joe will come to light. You need to stop picking on him.

:)

T and B said...

Well we asked Joe about the bruise and he said he "just fell down the stairs". Kinda fishy don't ya think?

PS. Thanks for the John McCain Comments! And oh by the way... as you are watching the elections you can say to yourself "I'm getting paid to do this".

Sarah said...

Spousal Abuse! HA! You just never know do you..... Poor Joe, he'll never say no to doing the dishes again.

Lets see..... who's on my list to do dishes at the family reunion? Is it Gordon, Justin, Tom???

Here's another: I'm getting paid to watch the hurricane hit New Orleans!